- Author: Cara O'Neill Attorney and Albin Renauer J.D.
- Publisher: Nolo
- List Price: $39.99
Our Price: $32.99
All forms are state specific: View States
Overwhelmed with debt? Help is here.
When bills pile up, and relief isn’t in sight, you need answers. How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy gives you the knowledge you need to decide whether bankruptcy is right for you, including:
- which debts get wiped out in bankruptcy
- what property you’ll be able to keep (you don’t lose everything)
- how to retain your home or car, if possible, and
- whether your income qualifies you to file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
Once you’re ready to take control of your finances, you’ll be able to navigate the bankruptcy process with confidence. The easy-to-understand instructions will teach you how to:
- complete the official bankruptcy court forms
- file your debtor education course certificates
- prepare for the meeting of creditors (the one appearance you’ll make), and
- rebuild your credit after receiving your fresh start.
And, most importantly, if the law changes, you’ll know. Nolo provides access to legal changes on the How to File for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy updates page.