- Author: Stephen Elias and Leon Bayer
- Publisher: Nolo
- Edition: 7th
- List Price: $24.99
Our Price: $19.95
All forms are state specific: View States
Not sure where to start? Let’s find the right bankruptcy option for you.
You know bankruptcy will help you get back on your financial feet. But which chapter type is best? The New Bankruptcy explains the benefits of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy. You’ll learn that Chapter 7 bankruptcy will:
- wipe out credit card balances, utility bills, and more
- protect property you need to work and live
- take about four to six months to complete
Chapter 13 bankruptcy works by keeping creditors at bay while you:
- catch up on a house or car payment
- pay off an overdue tax or support balance
- pay less on other debt, such as credit cards and student loans
The 7th edition includes legal updates, worksheets, easy-to-use charts, and a sample bankruptcy filing on the latest official legal forms.